Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 of the Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers


I had the honor of talking to 2 of the Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers this evening. They were on their way to a conference in Aspen about Peace and Prayer.  I met sisters Rita and Beatrice Log-Visitor Holy Dance and their son/nephew Nathaniel Blindman when they missed their connection on a flight to Aspen that I was working. Since I was also working the next flight to Aspen I had a chance to chat with them in the boarding area. They are Lakota from PineRidge in South Dakota. Daughter Becca has friends in PineRidge that she made last year as a councilor at the Building Bridges for Peace camp. Talking to the grandmothers was very inspiring and learning about their program was wonderful. They told about some of the trips they have made in their quest for World Peace. This was indeed a "Close Encounter" of the best kind.
Check out the web site http://grandmotherscouncil.com

No comments: