Thursday, June 29, 2017

Big Rivers Mini-Vacation

From 2015
I had a wonderful time on my mini-vacation to Minneapolis and the Big Rivers Cut Outs meeting. Thanks to Carole Anderson and Barbara Douvier who picked me up from my stand-by flight from Denver and took me to Stillwater where we had lunch and went shopping where I found a new animal multi-cutter. Then I spent the night at Carole's house. The next day Carole and I went to the Swedish Institute for a wonderful tour with the most knowledgeable guide. Dinner with cookie cutter friends (Joyce & Al Moorhouse; Gary Oldenburg & Louise Juliani; Nila & Steve Phelps; Leah Day; Carole & Barbara;  Ruth & Loyal Nystrom; and me)  at the hotel, then sharing a room with Leah Day completed Friday. 
Saturday was a fun meeting with food writer Eleanor Ostman as the special speaker. After lunch Joyce E. Moorhouse and others shared multi-cutters and cube cutters and Elizabeth Cukla showed us how to roll out perfect cookies.  I was lucky to win the special door prize North Woods cutters that Betsy brought. I also bought some cutters from her and from Kitty Latane´ (I got this year's Baby Grace cutter).  Kitty also had some of the beautiful stamps from Tim Hartzell so of course I bought a new snowflake one.  Joyce had some of the extra cutters being sold by the CCCC museum and I got one by B&S Gerlach and one by Gene Valasek.
Dinner with Nila and Steve Phelps and Leah Day finished out the great day.  
Steve took me to the airport on Sunday morning and I made my flight back on the first try.  

No comments: